Bubbles

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Puzzle of Life - Australia 2005



This is the longest project I've ever worked on so far...it took me 5 years to complete it (*blush*). It was a very simple mini scrapbook...more like memories of my friend and I in Australia. I was very lucky to meet her there and I thought I'll make this little something for her to keep as memory. Actually, I've completed about 90++% before I even left Australia but I just couldn't put my mind to finish it and drag it for sooo long. I sort of made everything from scratch...even the cover (I used a normal A4 colour paper to wrap around a very very thick cardboard), cut out little white papers as the pages, plastic covers as protective sleeve for each page, shrink normal photos so that I've got lots of mini photos, etc... In the end, I've even tried to make my own rubber stamp (as seen in the second picture)...It is at the bottom of the box I made to keep the album in).
I've choosen the title as I really like to play puzzles...and it just occur to me that our life is really similar to a very very big puzzle...with no distinctive picture but it is made up of small little puzzles and no matter how good or bad the experience is, your life is not complete if any of those is missing. Besides, you might not be able to hold on to the moment for the rest of your life, you must keep in mind that everything you've been through is really important and it is what made you the way you are today.


No comments:

Post a Comment