Bubbles

Friday, December 24, 2010

Puzzle of Life - Australia 2005 (continued)

The cover of the book...for this project, I made everything by myself (not the papers of course). I made this hard cover from card boards, cut out the white basic pages, punch holes for each pages and the cover, etc...
I actually printed out the wordings for the first page on a rough piece of paper and cut out this colour paper based on the print out. The 'P' and 'L' is just stickers I bought and the puzzle piece behind it, I cut out from foam sheets. They are actually matching piece (ie. the L puzzle can actually link to the P) but you cant do that since I glued it in place. These pieces is to match the theme for this little scrapbook


The first page I made...and I am satisfied with it. At the side, I use the snowflake punch to punch out half of the snowflake and used the cutout to complete the whole snowflake. It was a little empty so I use another blue snowflake to stick it around.
We took this picture the first time we went snow mountain...and that little snowman is the creation of both of us. Its a little small but our hand numb from trying to make it as round as possible...and its our first time so I consider it not bad at all (not sure about you though^^).


I know both of us is a little too old for stuff toys but I guess sharing the same birthdate even though different year has made us similar in many ways...and the love for stuff toys is one of it. This is her collection by the way...
I cut out a bear outline rather than the detail bear I usually do and I used both the positive and negative sides for this page.

Eat, eat, eat!!! We do enjoy food...though not too often due to the cost. I used a cherry stamp that I got years ago (toys for little kids...rather than professional stamp) and stamp on a strip of paper to deco the top. The teapot at the bottom corner is from the same set of stamp. Notice that there is a clock on the body of the teapot? My classmate used to say that it represents tea time...and I totally agree with her!!!

I don't really like this page as it is very plain and empty. The only highlight in this page is the paper bag. It is actually a real paper bag that I made. You can put things inside...if you can put thigns inside if you can find things small enough. I think some smallest coins like 5 cents or 10 cents and even paper clips can fit in.


Our visit to Melbourne Aquarium...we have a buy 1 free 1 voucher so we decided to use it...and its worth it since we got additional discount for being a student at that time!!!I like to see the jelly fish there!!! but I don't know how to do anything related to jelly fish so I decided to use what I do best...the round fishes. Have been using this fish for many times and occassions since its simple, easy to make and cute. I drew 3 bubbles for each fishes...sort of like human letting out breath in water.













The word 'FRIENDS' are actually from recycled paper...I first sketch out the words on rough papers then I go and look fro flyers around my university. They used to have brochures and flyers around the uni in different colours and since I did not buy any colour papers when I was studying there, it was the next best thing I can get!!! I usually use the sides since no wordings are printed there or the back if it was printed on one side only.
Then I used facial cotton to make the snow man.
We have some pictures taken with groups of friends...her housemates, my housemates and our friends. Since all these pictures are taken indifferent occasion, I'll have to come out with different theme if I were to put it out one by one and I am not sure if my mini scrapbook can hold so many pages so i put all the pictures together and held it using an eyelet at the corner. The deco of the page is just due to the santa we took picture with on the first picture.


Back then, we don't have a car (I still don't ^^) so we travel a lot by public transport and we love to travel even though not far...just somewhere the train can bring us.
Every season, there will be this guide book being printed for tourists. They include places to visit, voucher at the back and some maps of the city, train, etc...I usually use their train map is it is compact and easy to bring around.
This page I used a tracing paper to trace out the map of train lines...with colour pencils (since different zones are differentiated with different colour) and pen for the stations.
I cant use glue for this page as the tracing paper will crumple so I used eyelets to set the picture in place and also to attach the tracing paper to the back white page.

Our travel to seaside and also the zoo...If you just look at the two place it just doesn't look connected but our pictures looks like a match. Besides, both can be related...by my seahorse. It is actually a picture of horsea from pikachu. I use MS Word to draw outline for the picture and I cut out this piece of paper based on the outline. I just love seahorses


Summary of the mini scrapbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment